Friday, October 12, 2007

TO READ? OR NOT TO READ? THAT IS THE QUESTION

H to the ello!!!
Sorry we havn't written on here for a while. Somewhere between August 26 and now my life went from peaceful and great to...ummmm..DEATH!!! Just kidding! Not quite that extreme!
I have been trying to think of something to write about on here. I can't even remember everything that has happened actually! This post might be really long, because as I write I remember stuff.:) So yeah, there is this really cool thing called intermissions that you can take if you need too. I will warn you though, nursing has its awkward moments!What I mean is if you want to be scarred for life by all means continue. If you don't want things etched in your mind, forever to be tattooed.. STOP NOW!!! Dont say I did not warn you!I do not want to be the cause of your cardiac arrest. Heres my attempt to tell you little by little some of the experiences we have had in the last few months...story by story
First story
Ok, so about my last comment. The cardiac arrest one.I know what you were thinking"I am a healthy person! I won't have a heart attack!" Thats what I thought too, until I realized one thing and one thing only. Nursing does weird things to a person..and I mean weird. I have witnessed, experienced and attempted things that I never thought possible. They have made my heart beat faster, and my spleen excrete. (I dont think that is possible but you get it.) One minute you are standing there wondering when you get to shove a needle into someone, and the next thing you know you are on the ground holding your chest begging someone, anyone to save you. Do you want to know why? I will tell you! I am not going to go into graphic details of what we experience. I am not like that, and neither are you. TRUST ME!!! I will tell you this..God made bodies really cool. I have especially come to realize here. We are each so intricatly made..it is unreal! This is how this day went down..
rated-14a
We were in our lab class, which is really fun. We get to wear scrubs and look all professional. We do crazy stuff in like this hospital setting. It is pretty cool..most of the time. On this particular day we were doing bed baths.K, I know what ya'll are thinking! A bed bath is a bath in bed:) Is that what you were thinking? The teacher was showing us how to do it on a dummy, which we all breathed a sigh of relief about. See we have these dummies, and they are really creepy and look real. This dummy was a girl and the teacher attempted to show us how to go about giving a bed bath. At this point in nursing, I have had to really learn to not laugh at certain things. Apparently, it is unprofessional.The teacher said we had to act like adults.Who would have thunk it? I was so calm, just standing there. I was doing good! I was proud of myself! The MARRIED ADULT lady on the other hand, standing beside me was laughing hyserically. Boy was I praying for strength not to laugh,Man did it hurt though! K, so we finished with the bed bath, and I was like all happy cause I made it through...adult like. I took a sigh of relief and just as I was about to exhale I see the teacher pull out this box. Apparently, we were not done! See I had this fear inside of me that there was going to be more because there always is. In my mind I was thinking there was going to be another dummy that was a boy, I was just hoping she wouldn't ask me to go get it. They are so disturbing!!! I was partially right. Luckily, I did not have to go get another dummy, the dummy we had already was special..real special. How shall I put this nicely? Inside the box was a little click on part...I am sorry guys for sharing that with you, but it was tooooo much. It could change from a boy to a girl! AHHHHH!! Well, that was it, I was laughing so hard..ho man!!No more Miss-be-mature from me. Nope, that was the line!This is the part of the story where my heart stops and my spleen excretes. I beg for my life to be saved. Luckily, other people were laughing by that point, so I wasn't the only one. It was to much for me. I am not going to share anymore, because I think I have said enough. Ask me sometime the rest. I might share it!!...maybe. Actually, ask Amanda she will tell you!

I hope this didn't offend anyone, but alot of this blog for is something I can do, so I have something to look back on and laugh about. I found this funny, but maybe that is because I am becoming immune to stuff like this. There are many more stories that I could share, but I think you can only handle one a year. I was going to tell more stories, that weren't so rank, but this post is getting really long. I will save them for next time. Hopefully, I can be more consistant with writing on here. Please pray for us! We both would appreciate it! O yeah, and please pray that my laughing will not get me fired. Stupid coping mechanisms! Take Care!

2 comments:

pseudostarss said...

Jess!!! We have labs too and dummies that look real... hahahah.. I know EXSACTLY how you feel. lol.. I couldnt help but laugh when I read that. At least you got to do bed baths on the dummies. We had to do them... *cough* on EACH OTHER!!! :| Okay. So we had on tank tops and short shorts but still! It was so embarrasing! (We DIDNT have to do the perineal care... thank goodness) But we did do Peri Care on the dummies.. Anyways.. Im glad someone else is experaincing some of the same things I am.. I have some stories for you though... haha... wow.

pseudostarss said...

(this is starla by the way way... guess what I learnt today?? how to give a supository and take a rectal tempreture! yummy! (jk)... Do you know how hard it is not to giggle when your going over certain terms... I know I need to be mature.. but for some reason the word Anus is just halarious to me... k.. sorry if that was to much... haha.. )