Friday, October 26, 2007

The deeper meaning of stick men

Tunse' world!
You know I really have no idea why I came on here to write a post. I have nothing in particular to write about, I guess I just felt like typing. I just woke up from a 3 hour nap, so now it is 11:00 at night and I want to conquer the world. Well, now that I am on here, I guess I better think of something important to write. hmmmm.....okay I guess I will attempt to entertain you with something that happened to me a while ago. This actually isn't a story from school here, but I thought about it today.
You know, there are a lot of things in life that I like to laugh about. Laughing is basically the greatest thing invented. Serioulsy, without laughing life would be a boring, dark tube. Sorry, that is the only way I can describe it.:) Of course, there are days in the echoing, hollow dining hall that I hate my loud laugh and nose flare. Everyone looking at me and wondering if it is actually cranberry juice in front of me, or if I am in with the dining hall man, and he made me a Tequilla. I don't even know how to spell that, so I doubt it. Tell the school that though, they wouldn't believe you.
Anywhoo, the point to that paragraph was to bring you to this point. There are just some things in life that are not laughing matters. Believe it or not. You see, this next story is one that I am not proud of, and do not want to be remembered for. It is one of horror and embarressment. Many a people have heard it, but I am really just feeling the need to share it on this blog. I do not know why, I just do.
It all began on a crisp, cold day. Me and some of my family were in a city that we go to many a time. It is not a strange city to me, I know it like the posterior of my hand. So you see, I really had to go to the washroom, and I don't mean a little. I mean, I was in the Pampers aisle in Wal-Mart and wondering what they would do if I ripped one of those purple little bags open and put one on. It was bad, not going to lie. Luckily, my family decided it was time to leave, so we went to this restaurant. I booked it into the bathroom, and opened the door.
See here is the thing, I really appreciate people who clean bathrooms. I really do. This summer I was the leader of a bunch of junior teens at camp, and that is what we did..EVERYDAY!!!Clean bathrooms. I really do appreciate it. It is not fun.
This is my only complaint though. When you are cleaning the bathroom of the opposite gender, LEAVE if the opposite gender comes in. So, back to my story. I go into the bathroom and there is a worker standing there of the opposite gender. I think I am usually a farely friendly person, but in this case I didn't care. You see, I stood there waiting, inside the door, for him to leave for a VERY LONG time. The only thing I said to him was "hi". I didn't start a conversation. I thought about it, but I thought that would encourage him to stay longer so I refrained. We just stood there smiling at each other. His teeth really stood out because he was a black guy. I remember that cleary enough.
I also remember debating just using the stall. There was a door on it,and by that point I didn't care. I was just about to walk in and micturate when the light bulb went off in my mind. Yeah, I know what you all are thinking. IDIOT!!! Yes, I know, that is how I feel when I look back. For those of you who havn't caught on yet, I love you, because that means I am not the only one who is slow. You see, this very smiley young man was most definitly on the urinal. I was so horrified!!!!
I can tell you right now that I would not be smiling if someone was watching me go to the bathroom for like 2 minutes. There would be zero smiles. I would be yelling things! Probably not nice things! Things like what is wrong with you? or you need help!!! Things like that. Unlike, this very nice guy who just smiled at me. Can you imagine if I would have started a conversation. "So, how do you like cleaning the bathroom?" "Good pay?" "Whats the secret to the pizza here?" "Can I give you a little tip? You arn't going to get much done standing against the wall." To this day, I do not know how I clued in. I really don't. I do know this, I don't think he spoke English AND I ran out the door saying" I am in the wrong bathroom..arnt I."
I went back to my table with my family and didn't tell them. Still havn't, I don't want to be disowned. They were probably wondering why I held the menu in front of my face so long. It might have been because I had a perfect view to the inside of the kitchen, and there he was making my food.Glancing up once in a while at me with that smile I knew all to well.He was probably telling his buddies in another language how perverted Canada is and to stay away from table # 5.
Sigh! Well, that is my story! Now you can see why I can't laugh about everything. I can laugh about it now, after a few months of couselling. I am pretty sure I saw that guy going into the counsellors office beside me though. Wouldn't blame him, poor innocent man. It takes time to heal though.Wonder how he is doing? Here's my closing advice.
Those stick men/women on the doors of washrooms have a deeper meaning. Please find that meaning and follow it. It will lead you to a happier life.
Keep laughing my friends. Jess

2 comments:

Joni said...

oh my word Jess! That's the funniest thing I've read all day! Sorry, I know it was horrible for you but...aaaahaha! Awkward!

Sparkles said...

Jess, i really like your blog. your personality comes through in your writing. i feel like i am listening to you tell your story and can almost hear your laughter in my ears. i wish i had hottitis or whatever your friend has. (from earlier in your blog). you are the bestest. love crystal