Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Weirdness+Funniness= Good Times!!

Hello out there!!!!
I don't know why I come on here when I have nothing in particular to write. I just get the urge to vent, and somehow doing it to a lifeless, square piece of machinery seems fun. I have just been thinking lately how weird life is. Do you ever think that? (k, just so you all know I am not talking to the computer. I am hoping one innocent soul reads this, so I dont feel like a loser:)

For example, last night I had this really weird dream. Actually, I do not even know if it was a dream, but I was lying in bed hitting myself because I thought there was bugs crawling on me.It sounds funny now, but at the time I seriously thought Pharoah wasn't letting God's people leave Egypt and it was another plague. I didn't even feel weird at the time hitting myself. It felt like the right thing to do. Looking back now, I see how weird that is. I woke up with bruises.aka.hematomas on my arm. Totally off topic, but I have an uncle who bites his wife in the arm in his sleep. Now THAT is weird. Can you imagine waking up to that

Example #2 of awkward weirdness
I went home this week, which was really amazing. Family is grand!!! Anywhoo, my mom babysits these 3 little kids and they are super cute. I always have to talk to them on the phone and it is really funny. You know when you talk to little kids on the phone and the conversation is kind of funny? Well, I was talking away to Cody asking him about playing toys and little kid stuff when all of the sudden he is like"Jess, wanna talk to my finger puppet?" What was I supposed to say? So I was like"okay!!"So here I am on the phone with this finger puppet. It was awkward, but funny. I was like"hi, Cody's finger puppet, how are you?" Yeah, then Cody would come back on and be like" Jess, are you talking to it?" And I would be like"yes Cody, I am."Then I had to continue talking to this thing for a few minutes. The funny thing is the phone is directly in the hall in my dorm. Everyone heard me. lol...I am hard up for friends, so I talk to finger puppets. You are probably wondering why I told that story. I am too. Just to prove my point that life is weird and humourous.

Example #3 of a cool weirdness

My great grandma lives at my house, and she is really great. She is 86 years old, but man she cracks me up.She is still really smart, just her body is fading. For example, the other day I took her to the chiropractor in our town. We were just paying and leaving, when all the sudden she decides she wants to dance. I am not kidding. So we were in this office, and she starts using her walker as support and starts to dance towards me and the door. There were definitley people watching us, and I was like trying not to burst out laughing. I was just praying she wouldn't ask me to dance with her. I am far from a good dancer. Part of that might be because my last name is Friesen. Who knows? O well, it was funny. The next day she said she was sore and wanted me to rub heating cream on her arm. As I generously put cream on her achiness, I wanted to tell her to stretch next time if she was going to be all crazy in public:) She is great! This is the same grandma who has already given me a wedding gift, and who was watching a show about marriage the other day and told me to go watch it. Talk about giving hints.hola. I hope I am like her when I am old though. Weird and fun at the same time. I don't plan on busting out the moves in a public place though. That is a bit extreme for me:)

Well, I know there are many more weird things that happen in life, but I thing I better shutter down. I am losing brain juice, so I better quit before I regret writing something I did weird. Blogs are great that way though. You can write whatever, and it is okay because it is a blog:) Well, to a degree. I would never write in a blog about how I walked around a campground pretending I was from another country aka trying to pretend to speak another language.But sounding like a moron. (I dont even look chinese!!What was I thinking?? Poor people cooking s'mores over there fires and hearing us.(k, I did it one time, but I was way younger.)

Weird is good:) Jess

2 comments:

Joni said...

Was that Grandma V. who was bustin a move?! HAA! I love her! Jess you never called me when you were home.

pseudostarss said...

hehe.. i love your blog.. it always makes me smile. :)