Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Triple L...Library, Legs and Limping

I always pick the worse times to write on here. I have around a million things to do, and here I am blogging. Something funny happened to me today though. I must tell. It's going to be fun. It's going to be great. It's going to be more then you can take. Not really actually. I am just excited to have a story to write this time. Wanna hear it?? I'll take that as a yes!

Today I woke up with dread because I knew I would have to spend the day in the..wait for it....LIBRARY!!!! I can hear you gasping! K, that might be not a big deal to you, but it is for me. I don't know what it is about libraries, but I don't cope well in them. I know there are people that have studied with me in them, and swear never to again. I just want to laugh in them. It isn't even so much that I am not allowed to talk. I am okay with that, believe it or not. Just the atmosphere is so...I don't know. Whenever I am in them I want to be rebellious. Plus, the library here is on competion with West Ed for size. I always pray I dont get lost, because it would be a nightmare to get lost in the library. I wouldn't be able to scream for help. I would die a quiet dark death among the Bible Dictionaries and Commentaries.
Anyways, I went to the library and was trying really hard to sit in my cubicle with white walls. I feel like a horse with blinders. Stay focused! I was getting really frusterated because I couldn't figure out a stupid thesis sentence, and I just kept wanting to draw graffiti on the white walls. I never though, because I had nothing clever to write. Not that I would have anyways. ANYWAYS, as I was sitting there I felt one of my pant legs move. I was like"why is there a register underneath the desks?" I was so confused! I then came up with the brilliant idea to move my leg, so I did. Then guess what happened!! I felt it again. I then came up with another brilliant idea. I looked to see what it was. I am so smart!!! It was not a register, but a pair of feet!!! The guy in the cubicle across from me didn't know I was there and was majorly stretching out. I think he thought my leg was the table. My friend then came up and saw what had happened. I then started laughing, which probably made it more awkward for the poor guy, but I just couldn't help it. There I was sitting there in basically a fetal position, and he was sprawled out. It was funny!! I then got up because I was laughing, and my friend was trying to see who the guy was. It was great!!! He was trying to hide his face, but I knew. I just looked at him and smiled, and then went and had my laugh. Just to prove my point that libraries are awkward, no matter how innocent you are trying to be. I basically left after that, because I figured it was my sign to move on. Actually no, I went and put some cowboy boots on with SPURS!!Went back to the cubicle and did the same thing to him. I think I saw him limping as he went to check out his books. Maybe someday I tell him that I really didn't care all that much, I just pretend like I am angry in very extreme ways. For now though, I think I will just continue to open doors for him with a smile as he suffers through life on crutches.

Learning to Like Libraries, Jess

P.S. I hope you guys read the sarcasm in the last part of this. If not, I guess you will have to think that I am a crazy person that enjoys harming others. I think the only ones that think I would do something like that are my past cell mates. jk..

No comments: